Sunday, July 6, 2008

plans of mice and men

I haven't posted in quite a while. Even by my standards. What can I say? Times have been busy. But in an extraordinarily happy way that I really could never have imagined even possible. But more on that later... Right now, more on the "why" of the start of a new blog. I'm not sure if I ever wrote about the reasons of why I named "3:49" what I did. But potentially long story short there were reasons and I just realized that to one extent or another those reasons all involved some sort of death. Whether a fictional death or just a fateful turning point in life, the naming of 3:49 was rooted in death. This was a point that was only brought to my attention, by myself, on this very morning. Or, if you want to get technical about it, Sunday morning, as it is almost one in the a.m. on Monday morning as I write this... Anyway, back to matters on hand. For some reason it seems, as of late, that I have become more of a glass half full person rather than the glass half empty guy that that I am fairly certain I used to be. I don't really know how, why, or exactly when this change started to come about. But it did. Can't say that I don't like it either. Granted, sometimes it still surprises me, but I think I can try to deal with that. And no, it is not a 24/7 type of thing. I still get agitated and negative and I'd like to think I haven't lost my sarcasm. But in general, things have a positive outlook. And this was all before the greatest segment of my life even began! So when I realized what the old blog really stood for, I decided that it was just time to start it all over again. So here it is.

There are probably quite a few of you out there wondering if possibly this change with me has been brought about because of having a female in my life. And, as most of you probably still don't know that I actually do have a girlfriend, this would be a viable question. But as I mentioned in that monster of an opening paragraph, most of this change occured before that special person really entered my day to day life. So...

Now that the cats out of the bag on me having a girlfriend...I suppose I have to at least tell ya'll a little bit about her. Her name is Shannon. She is quite probably the greatest person that God has ever put unon His beautiful Earth. I'll spare you all the mushy feelings...but really, she is an incredibly amazing person and the reason that I smile 8 billion times a day now.

And now on to the rest of my life...which is still mainly still only work and softball so I'm sure everyone will promptly stop reading now. But for those of you who have nothing better to do with your time, or are just hoping I say something else about Shannon...

Softball has been going fairly well. Still losing games, but the last 3 games we have lost by a total of 4 runs. So at least they have been close games and actually very fun to play in despite losing. I got to slide twice in our last game, something I haven't had an opportunity to do yet this season, and really, I can't say that I'm looking forward to doing it again... But it was SO worth it! The second time was a head-first slide into home, right between the catcher's feet, and I was safe! And yes, dirt tastes like dirt. Sure wish it tasted like chicken.

In related news...I'm moving again on Saturday. Just to another part of town. This will put me less than 5 miles from my jobs which will be such a blessing!

Aaaaaannnnd. I think that that's it for now. I'll be amazed if any of this made sense at all as it's coming around on two in the a.m. now and I really am probably at least still a good 15 or so hours behind on sleep for the last week and a half. And that's based on my standards of sleep, which some of you know is not necessarily normal. But really, when you think about it, life is pretty wonderful. Oh, almost forgot... One of the inspirations for the new blog name came from a quote I found.

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars." -- Henry Van Dyke

As always, there are other reasons, but I thought I'd at least share the quote as I think it's kind of a cool one. And with that, I'm off to home to get some sleep. Hope you enjoy the new blog and please feel free to invite anyone you think would actually want to read this to read...


music: "3 A.M. (acoustic)" -- Matchbox Twenty

2 comments:

emily russell photography said...

Oh, Brian, you sound great! Justin and I wonder about you often, sorry we haven't been better about staying in touch... Got to work on that. We want to hear more about Shannon!!! =)
Emily

Jess said...

Yay, new blog! Yay, happy life!

I promise to respond to your email sometime in the next three days. My goal is to empty my inbox by the time I leave for Athens.

GREECE!

Talk to you soon.