Monday, July 28, 2008

2 in a row!?

Yes, you are reading that correctly. Two wins in a row. Bringing the season total to three! I know, I know...that stil leaves two fingers on one hand free, not to mention an entire of the other hand. And this was the last game of the season. But there is a tourney next week, with a potential of 4 games to win! But regaurdless...three wins for this team is pretty decent. And three other games, in back-to-back-to-back weeks, that were lost by a total of four runs. So I'm pretty excited about our chances next week. Think we have a definite shot at making a run for the trophy!

More importantly, I am slowly figuring out how to live with myself again actually having to figure out what to do with "free time". I tell you, NEVER say that you aren't going to do anything anymore and expect God to just let it slide. I think He is having Himself a good chuckle with me right now. As far as me saying I wasn't going to do long-distance anymore. Yeah, kinda forgot the small fact that we don't really get to pick those details out when God leads someone into your life. You just have to roll with what the facts are. But really, I'm always looking for excuses for road trips and rarely come up with anything good. Now I have ample reasons. If I could just get gas prices to cooperate... So this first week has been a bit of an adjustment. And I'll be the first to admit, I didn't always make the proper, "tweakages" shall we say, with the adjustment wrench. But that's what learning is all about. There are always ways to be happy and joyful. Often, it's just a matter of forcing yourself to not to see how rough and badly to you have things, but rather how great and awesome things still are. And things are awesome and wonderful!

Hmm...some milk, and then sleep. Definitely sleep.


music: "Fix You" -- Coldplay (hey, I just have the iTunes set on random, not my fault its programming can be freakishly intuitive)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there you go making up words again... "tweakages"

:)