Sunday, January 4, 2009

walkin in a winter wonderland

Snowed yesterday :)

For any of you who may not know...for the last couple of months my "full-time" job had been rather on the slow side of things. As in the entire month of December I worked a grand total of 8 hours for them. Yeesh. However, I was blessed to have a roommate who works for FedEx Ground in the early a.m. and was able to help me sorta skip to the front of the line of applications and get in there rather quickly. It was only part-time hours, but I generally was getting somewhere between 20 and 25 hours a week. Also, it was obviously peak season at my part-time job at the mall, and seen as how they underhired for the holiday season, ( and my schedule was rather open) I was able to pick up quite a few hours there. So in all, I still was putting in a couple weeks that were approaching 70 hours...

However, Friday was my last morning at FedEx! I start a new full-time position on Monday, and will still be at the store part-time. I am thinking I am going to cut back my hours there for the next couple of weeks to sort of get settled in at the new job and to just have a bit of a break from there without actually taking a break from there...(sometimes the mall can just become a place that is not fun to go to anymore, I know that that may be a difficult concept for any women out there to understand) But a little mini-break from there is all I should really need.

My new full-time job is once again doing low voltage wiring and such, but as opposed to my last job that involved mostly entertainment aspects of this (TVs, internet, phone, surround sound, theatres) and dealing with individual families, this new job focuses more on commercial jobs and non-entertainment applications (things like security, access control, and fire detection/monitoring). So basically, I have tons to learn again. But that should be a good thing, as this place sounds like they will actually teach me things that I need to know and want me to learn more and more as opposed to the last place that just sort of said they would teach me and then never really did.

So right now, I am kind of in the excited/nervous stage of things. I am excited to be starting something new and something that seems like it is growing and is a much better situation than what I am coming from. But I am nervous that I can actually learn all that I need to. Of course I always think that I should be able to learn everything that there is to learn within the first week, so maybe I should just not be too hard on myself yet and see how long it actually takes to learn everything.

And I think that that is about all I have to write about for now. There are still a lot of other things that are on my mind and keeping/waking me up at nights sometimes. Whenever I get to actually sleep at night now. Which is going to be on a regular basis agian now, so it could be interesting. Might not have helped this night that just ended, that I was reading The Book of Lost Things right as I was falling asleep and I'm pretty sure that it contributed to my very very very strange dream that I had that woke me up for the first time at about 3:30 in the a.m. Thankfully, I was able to get back to sleep this time. Unlike last Sunday morning when I just woke up, randomly and for no reason at all, at about 3:45 a.m. and could never fall back asleep.

Anyway, it's time for breakfast. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and a wonderful 2008! 2009 should be an interesting year. Keep in touch. We all need our friends. They are one of the greatest joys of life. I'll try to get on this thing more often and let ya'll know how I'm doing, but really, I want to know how all of YOU are doing. So let me know. I'm always here and my phone is always on. :)


music: "Believe" -- Yellowcard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just cuz your phone is on doesn't mean you ever answer it... :) love you ...it's your sister of course.

Jess said...

Congrats on the new job! It's good to be excited about such things.

And yeah, The Book of Lost Things will give you wacky, disturbing dreams. But I did love it.