Saturday, January 24, 2009

the sound of white

So I actually had the bulk of a Saturday free. Done with work today at 1pm and wasn't able to make any plans that actually stuck. So, after ambleing aimlessly thru the tv channels a few times and not finding anything to hold my interest, I ended up polishing off the last 2/3rds of the book I was reading. It was actually not a bad way to spend the day actually. Pretty enjoyable for the most part. The book was excellent. Just had a few parts in it that sorta pulled at areas of my heart that I'd rather have left alone right now.

But really, I guess it's probably better to have those areas poked and prodded a little from time to time right now. Or really, more tilled and dug in than poked and prodded right now. Just a big learning curve on what I'm trying to wrap my head around right now.

But it is definitely for the best. And I am figureing out what it is I need to figure out.

Sort of.

Slowly.

But would you really expect anything different from me?

But the book. It was good. Very good. By Geoffrey Wood. The second book of his I've read. The second book he's written for that matter. Called The God Cookie. Go pick up a copy. When it's available for the public to buy... Sometimes it's nice having a friend that works for a publishing company :)

Not much else to report here for the weekend. Volleyball started yesterday. It was alright. Definitely could have been better. Lost all three games. But hopefully that got all the rust out of the system and next week will be better! The weather here was pretty awesome this week. Temps in the 60s a couple of days. And then Friday it was COLD and tried to snow again. And today was apparently cold too. Should be another boring week of work coming up next. At least there is the First Anual Super Bowl Bowl to look forward to on Saturday! And volleyball the night before that too! And that really is all I have for now I think. And it seems like I may be able to fall asleep fairly soon if I go now, so that is what I am going to do. Since it is almost 12:30 now...

Night.


music: "Hear You Me" -- Jimmy Eat World




a.w.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm glad you enjoyed The God Cookie. Duncan cracks me up.

My brain is sleepy, so that's all I've got.