Monday, January 12, 2009

vernie

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening -- Robert Frost


Came across a bunch of poems that I found in my stuff that I had saved from when I was in school. Like elementary school. I was an odd little kid. But I'm sure most of you could've already guessed that if you didn't know for sure. ;) Anyway, there's some good stuff in there. And seen as how I did memorize it all at some point...I figure a good way to start remembering it is to type it out. At least, that seems to have worked with other things in the past. Whatever. It's a decent little poem. And with all the snow that we got this morning, it seems rather fitting. Kinda wish I had a snowy wood to stop by tonight. But more with a faithful old dog sitting next to me in my truck instead of me sitting on a horse...

And, once again, iTunes random selection proves to be somewhat freakishly in tune with life...

Also, my mother apparently is more observant than I generally give her credit for. That's twice in the last few months that she's surprised me with that. Maybe it's time to change my expectations. She is my mother after all. Guess I should expect that my abilities came from somewhere...

Really, iTunes just needs to stop.

Or maybe I just need to shut it down for the night. But I just can't turn the music off. Life needs a soundtrack, no matter if it is a painful one. So many smiles...

Life really is amazing.

There's still just so much...that I want to do. That I want to say. That I want to live.

With.

Not alone.

I don't want to run anymore. But I don't know if the direction I'm being pulled is the right way. Will it really help anything? Is it even practical? Is life really about being practical? Am I just trying too hard? Trying to see something that really isn't there... But it has to be there, if it has been there this long. Right?

There I go with the vaugeness again. Oops. Maybe I just need to sleep. For a week.

That would be nice.

"it will take more than a heavy rain to silence us..."

If you need me in the next few weeks, you just might find me wanderin the streets. There's a strange calm sometimes in the midst of a crowd. And the winter air tickles the mind as only certain things can.


music: "Twenty Years" -- Augustana

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is my favorite poem!! you need to come visit minnesota i think! love you bunches...your sister {i heart you}

Kathy said...

i'm glad i stopped by your blog tonight. even though you (sometimes) confuse me and i wish i could help more, you make me smile every single time. i could almost quote that poem along with myself while i was reading! (does that make sense?)

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.